So, you wanna attend Fort Collins Startup Week? Here’s the inside skinny on what you need to know:
- All events are 100% free to attend. That means you have two duties to perform:
- Act on the knowledge that you’ve gained, make connections, do something with your newfound knowledge that you wouldn’t have been able to do before – and tell us about it.
- Tweet, Facebook, Blog, Podcast, or do something to tell other entrepreneurs about the cool things happening at Fort Collins Startup Week. A rising tide raises all boats, and a highly-enlightened, highly-educated, and connected entrepreneurial marketplace will make Fort Collins more viable for all entrepreneurs and startups. Hashtag all your posts #FCSW17 so they’re easy to find (in fact: this is a fantastic way to network!)
- Take advantage of the Free CoWorking Happening each day to build something meaningful or fun with your new contacts.
- Don’t try to do everything all at once – with over 100 events, it’d be easy to get overloaded.
- Don’t stick to your comfort zone – focus on areas you either have a knowledge gap around, or areas where you can create an interdisciplinary knowledge that your competitors don’t have.
- Do try to explore at least one event at each of the different venues. We’ve purposefully partnered with some of the most creative, innovative organizations in town. Creating some new connections and cross-sector knowledge can only help your business ventures.
- Aim for a good mix of professional and social events.
- Offer value first. Make a connection, offer a resource, listen before you make an ask. If you sling business cards around like Halloween candy and are just looking to solicit investments, you might be better off auditioning for Shark Tank than attending Startup Week.
Fort Collins Startup Week is a great opportunity to make new connections, both with people and ideas. We can’t wait to see you there!