Session Submission Opens in March for 2022’s Event.
Have an idea you want to see at Fort Collins Startup Week? Let us know!
We’re looking for excellent, dedicated presenters, speakers, and organizers to enhance our program!
What makes for a good FCSW session?
- 95% to 5% Rule: 95% amazing content, 5% self-promotion (if any).
- Seriously: do not use this as a self-promotion vehicle. If you do, you will not be asked to speak again.
- Attendance goes WAY up when:
- there is a VERY CLEAR takeaway from the session: “by the end of this session, you will know how to _______”.
- speakers engage their audience ahead of time and promote their own talk.
- speakers create a Facebook event for their session and add FCSW as a host.
- speakers have a hand-out/slides posted to Sched.
- speakers have a cover image (use Canva’s powerpoint slide size, it’s super simple).
- Don’t rely on your PowerPoint deck. Attendees are there to learn from YOU, not read slides.
- Practice, practice, practice. You can organize a listening session with our team when selected.
Quick notes on how FCSW selects sessions:
In 2021, we’re again aiming for a curated session percentage of 75%. That means we’re pulling from existing speakers and content captains to recruit speakers.
If you haven’t gone through a content captain to get to this form, you’ll be pooled into the 25% of open submissions. That means your session is not guaranteed.
Don’t lose hope if your session isn’t selected for FCSW 2021 – we’re planning events throughout the year to help sustain the entrepreneurial community in and around Northern Colorado. If we like your idea but just can’t fit it into the schedule, we’ll find a partner to help you host it another time.