Have an idea you want to see at Founded in FoCo?
Let us know!
We’re looking for excellent, dedicated presenters, speakers, and organizers to enhance our program!
What makes for a good FiFC session?
- 95% to 5% Rule: 95% amazing content, 5% self-promotion (if any). Seriously: do not use this as a self-promotion vehicle. If you do, you will not be asked to speak again.
- Attendance goes WAY up when there is a VERY CLEAR take-away from the session: “by the end of this session, you will know how to _______”.
- Speakers engage their audience ahead of time and promote their own talk.
- Speakers create a Facebook event for their session and add FiFC as a host.
- Speakers have a hand-out/slides posted to Sched. Don’t rely on your PowerPoint deck. Attendees are there to learn from YOU, not read slides.
- Speakers have a cover image (use Canva’s PowerPoint slide size, it’s super simple).
- Practice, practice, practice. You can organize a listening session with our team when selected.
Got it? Ready? The form is below this brief set of notes…
Quick notes on how FiFC selects sessions:
We aim for a curated session percentage of 75%. “Curated” means our core team pulls from known speakers and content captains to recruit speakers.
If you haven’t gone through a content captain to get to this form, you’ll be pooled into the 25% of open submissions. That means your session is not guaranteed.
Don’t lose hope if your session isn’t selected for this year’s Founded in FoCo; we plan events throughout the year to help sustain the entrepreneurial community in and around Northern Colorado, and we also have a podcast and recorded panels that help us get to know new speakers while also providing you a platform to teach!
If we like your idea but can’t fit it into the schedule, we’ll find a partner to help you host it another time.